Vaisala Moisture in Oil Probe MMP8
Please contact us if you are interested in this product.
Vaisala HUMICAP® Moisture in Oil Probe MMP8 enables fast and reliable measurement of moisture in oil. It uses the proven Vaisala HUMICAP® sensor that was developed for demanding moisture measurements in transformer and lubrication oils, hydraulic fluids, and other liquids.
MMP8 measures dissolved moisture in oil in terms of water activity (aw), relative saturation (%RS), and temperature (T). It also calculates ppm concentration for specific oils.
MMP8 is part of the Indigo family and is compatible with Indigo 500 and Indigo 200 series transmitters. It can be used with the Vaisala Insight PC software for data visualization, easy probe configuration and self-calibration.
- Continuous online measurement of moisture in oil and temperature
- Measurement temperature range -70 ... +180 °C (-94 ... +356 °F)
- Measurement accuracy up to ±0.02 aw / 2 %RS
- Temperature measurement accuracy up to 0.1 °C (0.18 °F)
- Proven Vaisala HUMICAP® sensor, used for over 15 years in oil applications
- Modbus RTU over RS-485 for flexible connectivity
- Includes traceable calibration certificate: five points for humidity, one point for temperature
- Compatible with Indigo series transmitters
- Sensor has excellent sensitivity in the dry end of the range
The sensor's excellent chemical tolerance provides accurate and reliable measurement over a wide measurement range, with outstanding sensitivity in the dry end of the range – typically needed in transformer applications.
In addition to water activity, MMP8 can output ppm, the average mass concentration of water in oil. Vaisala has this conversion readily available for mineral transformer oil. For other oils, the oil-specific conversion coefficients can be calculated if the water solubility of the oil is known and the solubility characteristic remains constant. This allows the continuous measurement of ppm concentration in power transformer condition monitoring.