Vaisala Dew Point and Temperature Probe DMP5
Please contact us if you are interested in this product.
Dew Point and Temperature Probe DMP5 for In-Line Measurement in High Temperature Applications <180 °C
Vaisala DRYCAP® Dew Point and Temperature Probe DMP5 is designed for in-line humidity measurement in industrial drying applications with high temperatures and a wide dew point range. The long and robust steel probe and optional installation flange allow easy installation with adjustable depth to reach through insulation, for example in ovens.
DMP5 incorporates the Vaisala DRYCAP® sensor, which is accurate, reliable, and stable. The sensor is condensation-resistant and immune to particulate contamination, oil vapor, and most chemicals. Sensor warming minimizes the risk of condensation accumulating on the sensor. If the DRYCAP® sensor does get wet, it dries rapidly and recovers its swift response time. In low-humidity conditions the sensor will auto-calibrate to ensure accurate measurement.
DMP5 is part of the Indigo family and is compatible with the Indigo 500 and Indigo 200 series transmitters. It can be used with Vaisala Insight PC software for data visualization, easy probe configuration, and self-calibration.
- Measures humidity at temperatures up to 180 °C (356 °F)
- Wide dew point measurement range -40 ... +100 °C (-40 ... +212 °F) Td
- Dew point measurement accuracy up to ± 2 °C ( ± 3.6 °F)
- Temperature accuracy up to 0.1 °C (0.18 °F)
- Sensor purge provides superior chemical resistance
- Withstands condensation, oils, dust and most chemicals
- Modbus RTU over RS-485 for flexible connectivity
- Compatible with Indigo series transmitters
- Includes traceable three-point calibration certificate
- Long (two year) calibration interval for easy maintenance
Installation is simple, as the probe can be installed directly in the process. With in-line measurement, there is no need for a sampling system or sample line trace heating.
The chemical purge function periodically heats the sensor to remove harmful chemicals. This helps to maintain measurement accuracy between calibration intervals in environments with high concentrations of chemicals and cleaning agents.
The built-in Modbus RTU over RS-485 output means that the DMP5 can be used as a standalone device and can also be easily integrated into third-party systems.
Whether using the DMP5 on its own or with an Indigo transmitter, it can be connected to the Vaisala Insight PC software for easy field calibration, probe configuration, and device analytics.