Edibon Computer Controlled Biomedical Circulatory System Teaching Unit
Please contact us if you are interested in this product.
The Computer Controlled Biomedical Circulatory System Teaching Unit, “BICSC”, allows the students to learn how to interpret the results obtained by the viscometer and pressure sensors, and apply them for the diagnosis of circulatory problems.
The unit has two tanks: one for water and the other for a fluid of viscosity similar to blood.
A computer controlled heating element varied the temperature of the fluid (PID Control).
A computer controlled pump simulates the function of the heart, impelling fuid selected from the tank, through a pipe that simulates the vena cava and another pipe of greater diameter that represents the aorta towards a network of tubes (arteries).
There is a pressure sensor in this pipe (aorta) that provides a representative measurement of both the diastolic and systolic blood pressure.
The aorta artery ends in a network of pipes that simulate the arteries that communicate the blood with the different parts of the human body. In this point there are two pressure sensors, used to take measures before and after the arteries and study the pressure drop in them.
Finally, the fluid leaving the circuit of arteries discharges again in the storage tanks.
In addition, a digital blood pressure monitor connected to a pressure sensor, is included to take blood pressure measurements and collect pressure changes.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes:
The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Advanced Real-Time SCADA and PID Control.
- Open Control + Multicontrol + Real-Time Control.
- Specialized EDIBON Control Software based on LabVIEW.
- National Instruments Data Acquisition board (250 KS/s, kilo samples per second).
- Calibration exercises, which are included, teach the user how to calibrate a sensor and the importance of checking the accuracy of the sensors before taking measurements.
- Projector and/or electronic whiteboard compatibility allows the unit to be explained and demonstrated to an entire class at one time.
- Capable of doing applied research, real industrial simulation, training courses, etc.
- Remote operation and control by the user and remote control for EDIBON technical support, are always included.
- Totally safe, utilizing 4 safety systems (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic & Software).
- Designed and manufactured under several quality standards.
- Optional ICAI software to create, edit and carry out practical exercises, tests, exams, calculations, etc. Apart from monitoring user's knowledge and progress reached.
- This unit has been designed for future expansion and integration. A common expansion is the EDIBON Scada-Net (ESN) System which enables multiple students to simultaneously operate many units in a network..